Friday, December 2, 2016

Story Behind The Shot

Executive summary by darmansjah
Gandan monastery, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Sometimes the best pictures happen on the periphery of the main attraction. I’d come here to shoot the beautiful golden statuary inside this monastery, but then I saw children running through a flock of pigeons, sending the birds exploding into the air. I sensed it might happen again and moved into position. Instead of shooting with a long lens from a distance, I used my wide angle and stood right the thick of it. That gives the shot immediacy, energy, and a feeling of participation by the viewer. You have to develop a sixth sense for when something special is about to happen and be ready. Anticipating and capturing that sense of ‘moment’ can turn ordinary situations into extraordinary images.
Fgr. National geographic photographer Bob Krist

No comments:

Post a Comment