metro city istanbul
executive summary by Darmansjah Godjali
Turkey is one of uniqueness lies in two continents, Asia and Europe. In this country, anyone can travel across two continents in 10 minutes by crossing the strait bridge bhosphorus, Istanbul.
the strait bridge bhosphorus
Istanbul became one of the famous city of Turkey is also known by the name of Constantinople or Byzantium. The city has a very rich history and unique because it was once the administrative center of three empires, the Roman, Byzantine, and Ottoman.
Attractions that draw in Istanbul is the Hagia Sophia, old buildings that had stood for 1,500 years had been a church, mosque, and the last since 1935 into a museum of religious practices, both Christian and Muslims are prohibited inside the Hagia Sophia complex.
the Hagia Sophia
Inside, visitors can discover the ancient ornaments of the Christian and Muslim religions coexist with one another, really a very amazing experience.
Standing firmly and opposite the Hagia Sophia is the Mosque of Sultan Mehmet or blue mosque with 6 minarets towering.
the Mosque of Sultan Mehmet
For those who love to shop, can not miss the Grand Bazaar, the largest and oldest market in the world. Built in 1455 on the orders of Sultan Mehmet the Conqueror, inside there are more than 4,000 vendors selling souvenirs typical of Turkey.
the Grand Bazaar
Another uniqueness is Festival Tulip flowers in April and May 2011. Is unique because most people think that interest arises from the Netherlands, whereas Tulip came from Turkey relations brought by Carolus Clusius in the 17th century. She is a horticulture expert from Austria who lived in the city of Leiden.
1. The official currency of Turkey is Turkish Lira. You should bring the Euro from Indonesia due to its exchange rate is higher than the USD.
2. Indonesia Citizens only need to pay the visa on arrival which can be purchased at the Ataturk International airpot for USD 25 per person to be able to enter Turkish territory.
3. We recommend bringing chili or shredded to increase appetite.
4. Do not miss bhosphorus belly dance shows and cruise in the City of Istanbul.
5. Fruit hand for the typical Turkish family is Apple, Cay, Turkish Delight, Carpet, lantern lights, and eagle eye.